Anika is an intern in her final year at Arizona State University’s Masters of Social Work program. She is a student under the supervision of Lola Ryan.
Anika accepts direct payment only, with a sliding fee scale from $45-100 per 50-minute session.
Hi, I’m Anika. Growing up in a conservative, South Asian family and culture, I have experienced the heavy stigmatization of seeking therapy and mental health services and feeling overwhelmed. It can be difficult to navigate traditional values and beliefs and cultural norms and expectations.
My goal is to provide a safe and nonjudgmental space for you to discuss your challenges and collaboratively work with you in your therapeutic journey. I am also bilingual and can speak in Bengali and Hindi and can provide therapy in Bengali and English.
I work with adults (18+) who are:
- Individuals experiencing stress, anxiety, and depression
- Individuals going through major transitions in life like loss of job, family and relationship conflicts, loss of family members, retirement, and divorce
- Immigrants trying to navigate through the system. As a woman of color and an immigrant, I know how difficult and lonely it can feel to adjust to a new environment
- Students having difficulty trying to balance life, work and school
- People of color experiencing marginalization and living with racial trauma and discrimination
Some of the approaches I use in my work include:
- Client-centered and Strengths-based
- Culturally Sensitive Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
Whether you need help achieving your goals or need a safe therapeutic environment to heal and grow that is free from judgment, shame and fear, I will work with you and prioritize your needs and goals. It can feel scary to take the first step and reach out for help, but it doesn’t have to be. I am here and available for you.
Are we a fit?
Please contact me for a free telephone consultation, and let’s talk prior to your first appointment (required for first time clients).